Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Quilted Hill



Yesterday, I bought the Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler. I was in Cannon Beach, Oregon and on my way to Western States where my husband will run 100 miles in a few days. I felt we were so close to the shop, yet so far in terms of priorities. On our way to Portland to head south on I-5, I suggested we take a more scenic route along the many many wineries of Oregon. It sounded like a great idea. That way, we would miss all of the traffic in Portland. Then, coincidentally, I noticed we would pass within miles of the Quilted Hilll in Yamhill, Oregon. While my husband kindlfully obliged yet another quilt shop visit, I sent a good bit of time visiting a very unique shop in a very unque location.
My dream is to own a quilt/ fabric shop in the country next to my house. Well, this one takes the cake. It is situated in front of a vineyard and can provide endless inspiration. I was most surprised with the seemingly endless amount of patterns and fabrics. Although, I am trying to show some restraint in my fabric purchases, I did purchase an embroidery tool by clover. I can't wait to try it out. I am currently working on a quilt by Melly & Me. There is so much embroidery and so little time. I am hoping this tool will help make things go faster. I will try it in the next few days and I will write about how practical it really is.
If you get a chance to stop by, don't miss the restroom that houses a great quilted banner with the shop's name. Definitely worth the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment