Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Center Diamond - Cannon Beach, Oregon




I must admit that my favorite quilt shop is Center Diamond. It may have to do with the fact that I only go there when I am on vacation and the rest of the daily problems don't exist when I go there. Each visit provides endless opportunities to create, imagine and inspire. It has been at least 5 years now that I have been inspired by all that Center Diamond has to offer.
I stopped by on Sunday and the shop owner was there. Funny, I don't even know her name, but I know her face and her smile. She not only remembered me after a 2 year absence, she also remembered that I had mad a skirt with some fabric I bought in her shop. How cool is that! I knew I wanted to get a few books and wanted to wait and get them from Center Diamond. I was fortunate that she had them and more. I picked up Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross, In Stitches by Amy Butler & Sew What: Bags by Lexie Barnes. Some great finds that I will take the time to read and work on some of the projects. I will post later on what my thoughts are on all of them. I also got a chance to pick up some Moda fabrics - wonderland, a new whimsical line that is lots of fun.
I know I just started my blog, but I wanted to post about this great find of a shop. The website won't do it justice. I am sure if you needed or wanted something you could probably call and they would help you out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you lucinda for the kind comments about my store! enjoy your new books!

julie

wishes, true and kind said...

I like Center Diamond, too, when I spend time at our place in Seaside. They have a great selection of books, and I love to quilt when I'm at the coast! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog -- it sounds great. My quilting blog is very new, too. Please stop by and say, "Hi".

Post a Comment